Home / Blog

A Simple Tax Guide For US Citizens Living In London

Filing taxes can be confusing and complicated as it is, but when you are not living in your native country, the process becomes all the more complex.

US / UK Dual Citizenship Tax Information

This article is specifically devoted to US/UK dual citizens and their taxation queries. If you are a dual citizen of these two countries, you do owe taxes to both these countries.

The Ultimate Tax Advice for US Expats in the UK

If you are an American working in the UK, you probably have heard how overwhelming US tax processes can get. Besides worrying about the elaborate procedures to file your US taxes, other questions that could haunt you are as follows:

The Ultimate Tax Services For US Expats In London & UK

As an American living and working in London and or anywhere in the UK, you might get baffled by the US and UK tax processes. Even getting started can sometimes be overwhelming especially if it is your first time.

All You Need to Know About Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures

If you are a US expat living in the UK, you have to file US taxes every year and report the money you have in foreign banks with the help of the Foreign Bank Account Report (FBAR).

Tax Advice for US Expats Living In The UK

Xerxes Associates LLP makes filing US income taxes for US expats living abroad seamless and simple. We understand the dynamics of being a US citizen living abroad in countries like the UK and cities such as London.

US Tax Return London

US Tax Return London. Are you A US Expat Living Abroad & Haven’t Filed Your Taxes? You might be living overseas and concerned that you haven’t filed US taxes.

Xerxes Associates Provide Comprehensive Tax Services To U.S. Expats

There are a variety of expat services available however, Xerxes Associates LLP offers you a premium and efficient service which has made us the number one choice for U.S. expats living in the UK.

Important Information for American Expats in the UK and their US taxes

No matter where they live, U.S. citizens and residents pay taxes on their worldwide income. Therefore, you must also report any income you report on your UK return on your US return.

US Expat Tax Advice When Living In the United Kingdom

A PAYE system is used by most UK employers to withhold taxes from employees’ paychecks.
You will need to file a UK tax return if ‘any’ of the following applies to you;

US Tax Returns And Tax Planning For US Citizens Living In The UK

Xerxes Associates LLP have been preparing US taxes for Americans living in the UK for over 20 years. We are experts in all aspects of US tax procedures and we offer a professional, responsive and personalised service to all US and UK expats. Every US citizen including Green Card holders (equivalent to a permanent stay [...]

Choosing The Right US Expat Tax Advisor

Who Can Provide US Expats With Expat Accountant Service And Expat Tax Assistance? Xerxes Associates LLP are expert specialist US & UK tax accountants and advisers based in London with over 10 years of valuable experience. As US and UK tax accountants, we offer a professional, responsive and personalised service to all US and UK [...]

FBAR Tax & PFIC 8621 Tax Forms Explained

What Is A FBAR And Who Needs To File One? An FBAR form must be filed by all U.S. citizens, residents, corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, trusts, and estates. The purpose of an FBAR is to notify a financial interest in a bank account including any type of authority over a financial account which is [...]

Expat Tax Advice: If You Received A Letter From The IRS, Here’s What You Should Do

The IRS sends millions of notices to taxpayers every year. Reasons for sending these letters vary. The following list contains ten simple steps you should take when this notice arrives. 1. It shouldn't be ignored. The IRS mostly sends letters and notices in connection with federal tax returns. The letter or notice will tell you [...]

What Are Tax Extensions & Why Do You Need Them?

What are the most common reasons for not filing an IRS Tax extension? - IRS may raise a red flag when you extend, increasing your audit risk - I'm always late filing my tax returns - I may be late in October as well if I file an extension. - Everything I need for my [...]

A Review Of The Most Common Questions We Are Asked About US Tax Liabilities

Is it necessary to file a 1040 if my income is below the Foreign Earned Income Exemption (FEIE)? If the total income of a US citizen exceeds the standard deduction and exemption, you are required to file a US tax return. It is likely that there will be no tax due if the total income [...]

Essential Tax Advice for US Expats Living In The UK

From simple to complex situations, we work with taxpayers from all over the United States who live in London or other parts of the UK. We at Xerxes Associates LLP make the process of filing US income taxes for expats living in the UK, seamless and refreshingly simple. We have certified tax advisors who are [...]

Tax Filing Services For US Expats Living In The United Kingdom

Xerxes Associates LLP provides US expats living in the United Kingdom with a range of tax filing services to meet your specific needs. Whether it’s preparing your US tax return or advising you on UK tax implications, our London based team of dedicated tax experts understand the complexities of expat tax. Citizens and permanent residents [...]

US Expats In London & IRS Compliance

As an expat living in the UK, you might be concerned that you have not filed your US taxes. The following reasons may encourage you to make tax compliance a priority. - You must file US taxes even when earning income overseas. - If you owe US taxes, it could cause problems for your passport [...]

US & UK Tax Law Minefields

Strict US tax laws affect US expats living abroad and as a consequence employees and individuals need specialised advice from local tax experts such as Xerxes Associates LLP, to navigate US tax law minefields. Located in London, our US and UK tax advisors are ideally positioned to advise clients who are based in the UK [...]

Here are your US and UK tax responsibilities while you live and work in the UK

US tax responsibilities If you remain a citizen or permanent resident of the United States while living in the UK, then you must file an annual US tax return with the US federal government based on your worldwide income. If you have assets outside the US, you may be required to file additional informational returns. [...]

Tax Imposed On Expatriates

US residents living in the UK are in safe hands with Xerxes Associates LLP with matters related to expat taxes (tax imposed on expatriates). Our team of dual qualified US and UK tax professionals specialise in preparing individual tax returns for US and UK residents and provide bespoke personal tax advice tailored to your unique [...]

Planning For Taxes

Whether you are a US Expat already living in the UK, a US citizen looking to invest in the UK, or are a US citizen considering a new job opportunity to work in the UK, the interaction between the two countries' tax systems can be very confusing. The best way to structure your affairs in [...]

Do American Citizens Living In London Need to Pay Taxes?

Do American Citizens Living In London Need to Pay Taxes? In short, Yes! If you are an American living in London or the UK, you must file a US tax return and pay US taxes on your British income. You are subject to the same rules when it comes to income taxation as Amercians are [...]

Do Expats In The UK Have To Pay Taxes in 2022?

Expats are often required to file and pay taxes in both the US and their country of residence because you are required to file and pay US taxes on worldwide income, no matter where you live or work. By using special tax credits and exclusions for living abroad that the IRS has put in place [...]

US Tax Specialists in London

Xerxes Associates LLP is an expert team of experienced US and UK tax accountants and advisors based in London. We specialise in meeting the needs of private clients and their businesses. We offer a cost-effective tax advisory service for US citizens and residents from our London offices. Our US tax department is overseen by our [...]

U.S. Tax Accountants for UK Residents

Being an expat in the UK can be very difficult - especially when you have to deal with the U.S tax process. Working with us makes it much easier! That's why we are working hard to earn your trust. Our team works seamlessly, which means you only have to focus on what matters most - [...]

Filing a UK Tax Return With Additional Income?

HMRC issues tax return forms to individuals working in the UK. If you have other incomes such as self-employment and/or investment income, then you will need to file a tax return and pay the taxes on those additional income streams. You will also need to file a tax return if; - If you have income [...]

The Basics of the UK Tax System for US Citizens Working in the United Kingdom

The UK tax system is known as Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs or HMRC for short. HMRC operates as the Government tax collection agency for the United Kingdom. HMRC also helps regulate governmental policies such as national minimum wage and state support and welfare. Key points to remember; - The UK tax year falls between [...]

UK & US Tax Accountants & Advisers

Xerxes Associates LLP are expert specialist UK & US tax advisers based in London with over 10 years of valuable experience. As UK and US Tax Accountants, we offer a professional, responsive and personalised service to all US and UK expats. As UK & US Tax Accountants, Xerxes Associates LLP offer more than just the [...]