Filing a UK Tax Return With Additional Income

Filing a UK Tax Return With Additional Income?

HMRC issues tax return forms to individuals working in the UK. If you have other incomes such as self-employment and/or investment income, then you will need to file a tax return and pay the taxes on those additional income streams. You will also need to file a tax return if;

  • – If you have income from rental property.
  • – Profited from selling stocks and/or shares.
  • – You have profited from the sale of a second home.
  • – Made capital gains from sales of assets.
  • – Received an income from non-UK sources while residing in the UK.


Xerxes Associates LLP can assist you in the preparation of your tax return and further help you to claim any deductions available to you which can further reduce your tax liability and/or allow you to claim a ‘refund’ from HMRC.

If you have not received a tax form from HMRC and need to file one, please register online with HMRC. The sign up process can take up to 14 days to complete – so be sure to do so as soon as possible in order to avoid late filing penalties.

UK Tax Rates for US Expats;

  • – Basic rate: 20% for earnings £0-£37,500
  • – Higher rate: 40% for earnings £37,501-£150,000
  • – Additional rate: 45% for earnings over £150,000

Please note there are some slight differences of the above rates for Scotland.

We can help in preparing and filing your UK & US taxes, including more complex filing requirements such as disclosure and streamlined foreign offshore procedures, tax planning and expatriation, consider giving Xerxes Associates LLP a call and we shall be happy to assist you.

Xerxes Associates LLP are specialist tax advisers for US and UK expats. If you have any queries or want to know more about how we can help you file your Tax Returns with efficiency, please use the contact details above or request a callback and we shall be happy to contact you at a more suitable time.